To access the eBook, you need to install our free Windows eBook Reader.
| Download eBook Reader application:
| Download FREE eBooks:
| To Purchase eBooks click on:
- Download the eBook Reader application from the above link.
- The application downloads a file called: InstalReader.exe.
- Navigate to this file on your computer and double-click on it.
- Click 'Run' on the security screen that displays and the applications starts to install.
- Install the eBook Reader.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and install to the default locations.
- Run the eBook Reader.
- Click on the desktop short cut that was created during the installation process.
- The eBook reader will open but will have no eBooks installed.
- Install eBooks
- With the eBook reader open click on the import books button, the import eBooks screen displays.
- You can install using your licence code entering your licence code (READ-...) and press [Submit].
- Press [Download Selected] then [Install All].
- Click on the book cover to unlock it. Enter your licence code (READ-...) again.
- NOTE: eBooks can be purchased from http://www.witherby-ebooks.com/ (or your chart agent). You are issued a licence code when you purchase one or more eBooks.
- The eBook is ready for use.
NOTE: if you are installing from a disk, such as Seamanship Library, there will be eBooks included in the install - these will have to be unlocked before they can be used. The licence codes to unlock eBooks can be purchased from http://www.witherby-ebooks.com/ (or your chart agent)
For more information, click here to view the eBook Reader Manual.
are supplied with 1 licence + 1 backup and are not transferable between platforms.
Windows XP SP2/SP3 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8, 8.1, 8.1 update (except RT Tablets) / Windows 10 Operating System (32 bits or 64 bits).
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 (preinstalled in Vista/Windows 7, otherwise installed by the program). You can check the framework(s) installed on your PC using the following utility.
Hard Disc space required by the program: approximately 100 MB.
Hard Disc space required by each eBook: approximately 1 MB to 50 MB depending on the content (average size = 5 MB)
Minimum 1024x 768 resolution.
The eBook Reader software is available as a download or on CD/DVD. If using a physical media, the computer must have a CD/DVD drive but only to install the program. Alternatively, the content of the disc can be transferred to another media like a USB memory stick for installation on laptops without disc drive.
Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) and virtual environments are not supported.
run from a shared network folder on an Intranet. To obtain a network eBook Reader disc (the network version is not available for download), please contact Witherby Publishing. Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) and virtual environments are not supported
Note for Mac Users:
Mac users can read Windows eBooks with Boot Camp or virtual machines such as Parallels Desktop, Virtual Box, ...
Alternatively, Cloud (online) eBooks are accessible on Mac, including the Silverlight plugin with offline mode.
Note for Linux Users:
Linux users can read Windows eBooks with virtual machines such as Virtual Box.
Alternatively, the HTML version of the Cloud (online) eBooks is accessible.
Note for Android and Windows RT Users:
Tablet owners can use the HTML version of the Cloud (online) eBooks.
Our eBook Reader is used by various industry bodies and international organisations:
IMO – The International Maritime Organization
WHO - The World Health Organisation
OCIMF - The Oil Companies International Marine Forum
INTERTANKO - The International Association of Independent Tanker Owners
SIGTTO - The Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operators
CDI - The Chemical Distribution Institute
ICS / ISF - International Chamber of Shipping and International Shipping Federation